August 25, 2010

First Day of School (and Work)

The boys were so excited about their first day of school today. Both boys are now attending the International School of Basel (ISB) in Aesch, about 20 minutes away from our apartment. Eli is off to Kindergarten(!) with Miss Tina, and will attend five days a week from 8:15 - 3:15. Ethan will be in Miss Elizabeth's Pre-School I class, attending four days a week from 8:15 - 3:00. Can you say "free time!!"?!

I've actually started a little business, "AME Picture Projects", to help fill my time. I'll be helping people organize and archive their digital photos and am looking forward to executing creative projects, like photo books, slideshow videos, etc. It's not likely to be a huge money-maker, but hopefully I can help offset the pre-school tuition a bit.

I am a little sad that, all of a sudden, the boys are going to be spending more time with their teachers than they will be with me, but I hope that, ultimately, this is a good thing. I have heard such positive things about the teachers and the school and I think that the boys are going to benefit so much from their time there. I also know that, with a little more time apart, we'll all appreciate our time together even more!

Fingers crossed for positive starts at ISB and AME!