October 31, 2010
May the Force be with you
It's been years since Ben and I dressed up for Halloween, so when we were invited to a family costume party this year, I was a little stressed out about what to wear. Luckily, Eli and Ethan wanted to go as Star Wars characters, and (a pregnant) Princess Leia seemed a prettier option than the Dr. Evil costume of 1998 and more appropriate than the slutty leopard costume that followed for years. The boys and I had a good laugh picking out and presenting Ben with his Jar Jar Binks costume; he was a good sport and perfected his Jar Jar speak for the party, but, in the end, beer consumption prevented the mask from getting much wear. Eli and Ethan got plenty of use out of their "Darf" Vader and Yoda costumes, though, as they also got to wear them for school parties and trick-or-treating in Oberwil. We didn't come home with any Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Butterfingers, but we all had a really fun Halloween weekend.