October 31, 2009
Happy Halloween
Though the Swiss don't really celebrate Halloween, we managed to have our busiest Halloween ever this year.
Ben and I somehow got out of having to make an elaborate spaceship costume when Eli changed his mind and decided he wanted to be Superman like his friend Max (available at H&M!). And Ethan was surprisingly willing to wear a hand-me-down Winnie the Pooh costume. I'll admit, it took me a few days to get over the fact that they wouldn't be in cute coordinating outfits of my choosing, but I was able to appreciate the simplicity of it all--a definite advance in my evolution as a mother!
We party-hopped for 48 hours, hitting the kids' school celebrations, parties organized by the Basel Childbirth Trust and the American Women's Club, and finally trick-or-treating and a family party in one of the expat neighborhoods. We did miss our great trick-or-treating neighborhood in Pennington, but we were thankful to have a great group of friends here with which to carry on the Halloween traditions. Now its time to pack up Halloween and move on to Thanksgiving...what a fun time of year!